Overview of Pediatric Injury Biomechanics:
A Focus on Side and Rollover Crashes
Date: February 28, 2018
Time: 12:15 pm – 1:30 pm
Join your colleagues for a presentation by and discussion with:
Speaker: Aditya Belwadi, Ph.D. – Scientist II and Thrust Lead, Center for Injury Research and Prevention, The Children’s Hospitalof Philadelphia
Moderator: Mary Jo Clark, MD, FAAP – Children’s Community Pediatrics – Mountain View, Pediatric Advisor to the PA AAP Traffic Injury Prevention Project
Webinar link and dial in number will be emailed prior to the event.
Intended Audience: Pediatricians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Office Managers, Office Staff and certified child passenger safety technicians/instructors
Objectives — At the conclusion of the activity, participants should be able to:
- Explain the history of crash testing and biomechanics.
- Review the importance of child restraint systems and how they work.
- Understand the role of crash direction: frontal, side and rollover.
- Discuss the need to get involved in child passenger safety.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and the Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics. The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals attending this program will receive a Certificate of Attendance confirming 1.0 hours of continuing education in a CME accredited program. For nurses, these hours may be considered eligible for completing the 30 hours of continuing education required for biannual nursing re-licensure in Pennsylvania.
Webinar Recording: Overview of Pediatric Injury Biomechanics: A Focus on Side and Rollover Crashes
This webinar/teleconference has been pre-approved for 1.0 CEUs for CPS Re-Certification by the National Safe Kids Certification Program.
If you would like to order materials for use, please visit our online resource center here or call 1-800-CAR-BELT.
– To register online click here. A registration form, provided below, can be completed and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
sent by FAX to 484-446-3036.
– To complete University of Pittsburgh CME/CEU evaluation form on-line click here. The University of Pittsburgh evaluation form, provided below,
can be completed and submited by email to email@example.com or sent by FAX to 484-446-3036.
– To complete the request for CPS CEUs toward re-certification on-line click here. The CPS CEU request form, provided below, can be completed
and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by FAX to 484-446-3036.Tagged under