Skip to content
Child Passenger Safety Resources
- NHTSA: Parents and Caregivers – Traffic safety resource website for parents.
- NHTSA Child Safety Seat Recall List – NHTSA Issues a recall when it is determined that a car seat creates a safety risk or fails to meet FMVSS 213. Car Seat Manufacturers voluntarily provide remedies for safety defects.
- SaferCar.gov – A NHTSA hosted website providing defect, recall, safety and consumer complaint information concerning vehicles.
- Safe Kids Certification – The National Child Passenger Safety Certification Training Program is a program of Safe Kids Worldwide, which is the certifying body and responsible for managing all aspects of the program. Safe Kids Certification works closely with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (responsible for the curriculum), and the National Child Passenger Safety Board (provides recommendations and guidance).
- National Child Passenger Safety Board: Maintains the quality and integrity of the National Child Passenger Safety Certification Training Program in the U.S. Resources include:
- Child Passenger Safety Certification Technician Guide,
- Child Passenger Safety Technician Resources,
- Recorded Webinars to earn CEUs and community education requirements, and
- Parent / Caregiver Installation Videos
- Safe Ride News, Inc.: Provides educational materials for the child passenger safety field. The Safe Ride News website is a compilation of informational articles and resources that support child passenger safety technicians and non-child passenger safety parents and caregivers.
- Safety Belt Safe USA: Non-profit organization dedicated solely to child passenger safety. Resources include:
- Child Passenger Safety Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Laws and Regulations Related to Child Passenger Safety
- Child Restraint Recalls
- Child Passenger Safety Resources
- Child Passenger Safety Technical Guide
- CPSBestPractices.org – The purpose of the website is to provide rationale for current best practices in child passenger safety by summarizing the research studies supporting those practices. The website also features videos showing the benefits of restraining children using best practices.
Traffic Safety Resources
- PennDOT – Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. Contains information regarding all aspects of transportation in the state of Pennsylvania.
- NHTSA – The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Contains news, published statistical reports, educational materials and multimedia on traffic issues effecting every demographic across the nation.
- National Center for Statistics & Analysis (NCSA) – NCSA, an office of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, is responsible for providing a wide range of analytical and statistical support to NHTSA & the highway safety community.