Beyond Compartmentalization: Child Safety Restraint Systems on School Buses
- Date: May 24, 2023
- Time: 12:15 pm – 1:30 pm
- Intended Audience: CPSTs/CPSTIs, School Transporters, and Medical Community working with School Transportation
Join your colleagues for a presentation by and discussion with:
- Speaker: Denise Donaldson, CPST-I, Publisher/Editor, Safe Ride News Publications
- Moderator: Linda Kerstetter, School Bus Program Manager, School Bus Unit, PA Department of Transportation
This presentation provided an overview of the newly revised NHTSA Child Passenger Safety on School Bus National Training Course. The discussion addressed the importance of preschool age children being transported in child safety restraint systems and the types of car seats and school bus specific child restraints that can be used to safely secure children on a school bus. Attendees learned about resources to assist student transporters in the correct selection and use of child restraints on a school bus.
At the conclusion of the activity, participants:
- Reviewed the 2023 version of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Child Passenger Safety on School Buses National Training.
- Discussed why certain school bus occupants may need child safety restraint systems.
- Identified child safety restraint systems that may be used for young children on school buses.
- Identified resources available to assist student transporters planning for the use of child safety restraint systems on school buses.
To listen to the Beyond Compartmentalization: Child Safety Restraint Systems on School Buses Webinar Recording, click here:
This webinar has been pre-approved for 1.0 CEUs for CPS Re-Certification by the National Safe Kids Certification Program. (ID#: 7612)
- If you would like to order materials, please visit our online resource center here or call 1-800-CAR-BELT.
This program is funded by a grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.