School Bus Evacuation
- Date: March 3, 2022
- Time: 12:15 pm – 1:30 pm
- Intended Audience: CPSTs/CPSTIs, School Transporters, and Medical Community working with School Transportation
Join your colleagues for a presentation by and discussion with:
- Speaker: Jason Knight, Driver Trainer, Krapf School Bus
- Moderator: Shellie Harter, School Bus Safety Manager, PA Department of Transportation, Bureau of Driver Licensing
This presentation will explore how school bus drivers can prevent hazards from becoming emergencies — and what to do in the event of an emergency. The discussion will emphasize the importance of preparation, from inspecting the school vehicle to conducting emergency evacuation drills with students secured in child restraints (Ex. conventional car seat, school bus specific child restraints, harnesses, specialized restraints, etc.). Video demonstrations will show general education evacuation procedures as well as differences drivers and aides may experience with special needs evacuations.
At the conclusion of the activity, participants should be able to:
- Optimize safety by avoiding hazards before they become emergencies.
- Discuss elements of an effective school bus evacuation drill.
- Describe plan and procedures for school bus evacuation drills, with practice including participation of drivers, aides, and students.
- Increase awareness for the need to develop individualized plans for evacuating children with special health care needs.
Register On-line: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6137908634418186509
This webinar has been pre-approved for 1.0 CEUs for CPS Re-Certification by the National Safe Kids Certification Program. (ID#: 7293)
- If you would like to order materials for use, please visit our online resource center here or call 1-800-CAR-BELT
- To complete the request for CPS CEUs toward re-certification on-line, click here. The CPS CEU request form, provided below, can be completed and submitted by email to email@example.com or sent by FAX to 484-446-3036.
This program is funded by a grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.