Regulatory Compliant, Non-Compliant or Counterfeit Child Restraints
- Date: February 4, 2021
- Time: 12:15 pm – 1:30 pm
- Intended Audience: Pediatricians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Office Managers, Office Staff and Certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians/Instructors
Join your colleagues for a presentation by and discussion with:
- Speaker: Vera Fullaway, CPSTI, Compliance Officer and Customer Services Manager, Safe Traffic System, Inc.
- Moderator: Mary Jo Clark, MD, FAAP – Children’s Community Pediatrics – Mountain View, Pediatric Advisor to the PA AAP Traffic Injury Prevention Project
This presentation will provide hospital, physician practice staff, and child passenger safety technicians with information to assist families determine if a car seat is safe for their child. Vera will discuss the labeling requirements of U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 213 (FMVSS 213) that must be affixed to child restraints.
As the popularity of online shopping increases there have been increasing reports of non-compliant, knock-off, fake and foreign car seats getting into the hands of US consumers. As a car seat technician, how can you tell if a car seat is not compliant with FMVSS 213? This session will review what is required of a compliant child restraint and will provide tips for how to spot a questionable product. Additionally, this presentation will review options for reporting questionable products, as well as messages to share with concerned caregivers.
At the conclusion of the activity, participants should be able to:
- Gain awareness to the growing issue of non-compliant and foreign child restraints in the US market and to provide medical professionals with resources to assist caregivers.
- Discuss some factors necessary to attain compliance to the US Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 213.
- Review other international child restraint standards and some key compliance differences.
Register On-line: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LetsTalkCPSCounterfeitChildRestraints
Register By Email or FAX: Complete page 2 of the form available below. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX to 484-446-3036.
This webinar has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit TM for physicians. All other learners will receive a certificate of attendance.
This webinar has been pre-approved for 1.0 CEUs for CPS Re-Certification by the National Safe Kids Certification Program. (ID#: 6750)
- If you would like to order materials for use, please visit our online resource center here or call 1-800-CAR-BELT
- To request the UPMC Center for Continuing Education in the Health Sciences Certification Attendance Certificate on-line, click here. The UPMC credit request form for the certificate of attendance, provided below, can be completed and submitted by email to email@example.com or sent by fax to 484-446-3036.
- To complete the request for CPS CEUs toward re-certification on-line, click here. The CPS CEU request form, provided below, can be completed and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by FAX to 484-446-3036.
This program is funded by a grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
- Webinar Registration Form
- UPMC Center for Continuing Education in the Health Sciences CME Information Sheet – 2-4-2021
- Manufacturer’s Alliance for Child Passenger Safety: How to Determine That a Child Restraint System Can Be Used Legally in the U.S.
- UPMC Center for Continuing Education in the Health Sciences Credit Request Certification of Attendance
- CPS CEU request form