Choosing the Right Car Seat for a Child With Special Needs
Date: February 22, 2017
Time: 12:15 pm – 1:30 pm
Join your colleagues by telephone for a presentation by and discussion with:
Speaker: Natalie L. Davis, MD, MMSc – Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Division of Neonatology
Moderator: Mary Jo Clark, MD, FAAP – Children’s Community Pediatrics – Mountain View, Pediatric Advisor to the PA AAP Traffic Injury Prevention Project
Webinar link and dial in number will be emailed prior to the event.
Intended Audience: Pediatricians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Office Managers, Office Staff and certified child passenger safety technicians/instructors
Objectives — At the conclusion of the activity, participants should be able to:
- Review the history and origin of the Car Seat Tolerance Screen (CSTS).
- Review current recommendations for testing including inclusion criteria and failure guidelines.
- Review the available data on what a failed or passed CSTS means for the health of neonates.
- Discuss recommendations for management of the infant who fails a CSTS.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and the Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics. The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of one (1.25) AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Other health care professionals are awarded (0.1) continuing education units (CEU’s) which are equivalent to 1.2 contact hours.
This webinar/teleconference has been pre-approved for 1.5 CEUs for CPS Re-Certification by the National Safe Kids Certification Program.
If you would like to order materials for use, please visit our online resource center here or call 1-800-CAR-BELT.
sent by FAX to 484-446-3036.
– To complete University of Pittsburgh CME/CEU evaluation form on-line click here. The University of Pittsburgh evaluation form, provided below,
can be completed and submited by email to email@example.com or sent by FAX to 484-446-3036.
– To complete the request for CPS CEUs toward re-certification on-line click here. The CPS CEU request form, provided below, can be completed
and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by FAX to 484-446-3036.
The Who, What, When Where, Why, and How of Car Seat Tolerance Testing Webinar Recording, click here.
- Registration Form (PDF)
- Request for CPS CEUs for Recertification (PDF)
- Evaluation CPS (PDF)
- University of Maryland Car Seat Tolerance Screen Guidelines (PDF)
- Davis PPT (PDF / 6 per page)