Changes to Wheelchair Securement and Safety Regulations
Date: March 9, 2016
Time: 12:15 pm – 1:30 pm
Join your colleagues by webinar and/or telephone for a presentation and discussion with:
Darren Reaume, Northeast Regional Sales Manager of Q’Straint / Sure-lok will speak about safe and effective wheelchair securement practices and regulatory issues for transporting students on the school bus / school vehicle
Moderator: Kathy Strotmeyer, Southwest Regional Coordinator, PA Traffic Injury Prevention Project
Webinar link and dial in number will be emailed prior to the event.
Intended Audience: School Transportation Personnel and CPS Technicians
- Discuss the background and challenges of special needs transportation.
- Discuss the current best practices of wheelchair securement on a school bus / school vehicle.
- Discuss and identify a WC19 wheelchair and the safety benefits for passengers.
- Discuss the recent changes and compliance to the regulations governing the safe transport of wheelchairs.
This Webinar has been pre-approved for 1.5 CEUs toward CPS re-certification.
If you would like to order materials for use, please visit our online resource center here or call 1-800-CAR-BELT.
Video and Resource Links:
- Overview of new RESNA standards for transportation safety of occupants seated in wheelchairs
- QRT-360 Meets Tomorrow’s Standards, TODAY
- University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute: Wheelchair Transportation Safety
- University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute: Ride Safe Brochure