Clek, Inc. (Clek) is recalling certain Liing and Liingo infant car seats.
Clek, Inc. (Clek) is recalling certain Liing, model number LG19U1, and Liingo, model number LGO20U1, infant child seats manufactured before September 15, 2021. A small plastic portion of the child seat canopy support may break and detach from the seat.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21C006000
Potential Number of Units Affected:
- Liing: 5,073
- Liingo: 431
- Liing Infant Car Seat (with stay in car base); Model Number LG19U1
- Liingo Infant Car Seat (without stay in car base); Model Number LGO20U1
- Liing and Liingo: March 27, 2019 – September 14, 2020
A detached piece of plastic can present a choking hazard to a child, increasing the risk of injury.
The Clek Liing and Liingo Infant Car Seat canopy stays may break from a strong enough force being applied. A consumer may hear a cracking or popping noise when the canopy stay breaks or feel that the canopy has a looser fit than previously observed.
This issue does not affect the ability of the child restraint to protect the occupant in the event of a motor vehicle crash.
Clek plans to provide a replacement canopy stay and instructions on how to replace the old canopy stay to owners of the Liing and Liingo infant car seat manufactured on or before September 14, 2020. Clek plans to complete the following activities:
- Clek will send a email notification to all registered owners of Liing and Liingo infant car seats to alert them about the issue and the availability of a replacement canopy stay. For owners with an email, Clek will send notification via email and to the address on file. For owners, where an email address is not available, Clek will send a letter to the address on file.
- Clek will also make a press release on their website and social media accounts with information on the recall notice.
- Owners will be advised of the affected car seats and instructed on how to identify the old canopy stays, and upon request, will be sent a replacement canopy. View notification here.
How Remedy Component Differs from Recalled Component:
The canopy stays look identical, but the replacement stay is much more flexible and will not break easily when bent.
Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153) or go to www.safercar.gov.