Clek, Inc. (Clek) is recalling certain Liing and Liingo infant car seats.
Clek, Inc. (Clek) is recalling certain Liing, model number LG19U1, and Liingo, model number LGO20U1, infant child seats manufactured before February 22, 2021. The labels on the seat cover or infant insert may bubble up, allowing the labels to come apart into pieces.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21C007000
Potential Number of Units Affected:
- Liing and Liingo: 596
- Liing Infant Car Seat (with stay in car base); Model Number LG19U1
- Liingo Infant Car Seat (without stay in car base); Model Number LGO20U1
- Liing: March 27, 2019 – February 22, 2021
- Liingo: March 20, 2020 – February 22, 2021
Detached pieces of the labels can present a choking hazard to a child, increasing the risk of injury.
Clek has found a label picking issue on some Liing and Liingo infant car seats using covers where a repair process had been used to place a second label over top of an original label and where a non-uniform adhesion occurred. In the reported cases, the second label has lifted up until a piece of the label was pulled off or liberated. The labels are not paper and small pieces could pose a small parts choking hazard.
The issues reported occurred primarily on carbon (black) seat covers and/or infant inserts where a second label had been placed over a first label to repair a discoloration issue. Clek’s records revealed that a small number of the air bag and harness warning labels affixed to carbon (black) seat covers and infant inserts on Liing and Liingo infant car seats were being discolored from bleed-through of the fabric. To remedy this, Clek applied a second label over top of the original label.
This issue does not affect the ability of the child restraint to protect the occupant in the event of a motor vehicle crash.
Clek plans to provide a replacement seat cover or infant insert, to owners of the Liing and Liingo infant car seat within the affected date range who report a label bubbling or lifting issue with their car seat. Clek plans to complete the following activities:
- Clek will send a email notification to all registered owners of Liing and Liingo infant car seats to alert them about the label, as well as making them aware of the replacement seat cover or infant insert when the label bubbling or lifting issue is confirmed. For owners with an email, Clek will send notification via email and to the address on file. For owners, where an email address is not available, Clek will send a letter to the address on file.
- Clek will also make a press release on their website and social media accounts with information on the recall notice.
How Remedy Component Differs from Recalled Component:
The new seat cover or infant insert will only have one of each label affixed with uniform lamination to the fabric cover. There will not be any signs of either label bubbling ort lifting.
Clek Recall – Website Information Sheet
Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153) or go to www.safercar.gov.