JD E-Commerce America Limited (JD E-Commerce) is recalling all Marainbow Portable Infant Safe Seats.
All Marainbow Portable Infant Safe Seats, as well as materially similar products which may suffer from the noted defects, are included in the recall. Materially similar products include:
- Portable Baby Infant Safe Seat Cover Baby Safety Convertible Car Seat;
- Portable Baby Infant Safe Seat Kids Car Seat;
- Thickened Portable Safety Car Seat for Children Aged 0-6;
- YDx Children Car Seat Breathable Adjustable Sandwich Mesh Anti-Slip Kids Safety Cushion;
- Portable Cartoon Kids Safety Car Seat Children Chairs Updated Version Thickening Baby Stroller Cushion;
- Pretty Comy Portable Cartoon Child Safety Car Seat Child Chair Updated Version Thickening Stroller Car Seat Cushion;
- QCTime Children Car Seat Breathable Adjustable Sandwich Mesh AntiSlip Kids Safety Cushion;
- Child Car Seat Portable Folding Removable Waterproof Car Safe Seat;
- Twowood Children Car Seat Breathable Adjustable Sandwich Mesh Anti-Slip Kids Safety Cushion;
- Baby Safe Seat Infant Seat Cover Portable Baby Safety Seat Children’s Chairs Kids Car Seats for Travel;
- Twowood Car Seat Comfortable Rust-Proof Car Supplies Booster Car Seat; and
- Farfi Car Seat Comfortable Rust-Proof Car Supplies Booster Car Seat.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 22C008000
Potential Number of Units Affected:
- Marainbow Portable Infant Safe Seat: 174
- August 2, 2020 – May 7, 2022
An incorrect installation label may result in an improperly installed child seat, increasing the risk of injury in a crash.
The noted noncompliance does not affect the dynamic performance of the child restraint but the products may not have the required labeling as specified in S5.5, printed instructions as required by S5.6 or the product registration card as required by S5.8. The failure to provide the required information could result in caregivers using the CRS inappropriately and the failure to provide a mechanism for customers to register the CRS with a manufacturer increases the difficulty of locating customers in the event of a recall.
Further, these child restraint systems were designed to be attached to the back and/or cushion which fails the requirements listed in S5.3.1(a): Installation. The CRS also lacks the ability to be installed using the methods required by S5.3.2: Capable of being installed and S5.9: Can attach to LATCH for a CRS of this type. Failure to comply with these safety standards may result in improper installation and increase the risk of injury.
Joybuy Express will provide a refund to purchasers. The manufacturer has not yet provided a schedule for recall notification. Owners may contact Joybuy Express’ customer service at 1-302-426-4543. To receive a refund, you must send visual proof of destruction of the car seat, such as photographs or a short video to email@example.com. This recall expands and replaces NHTSA recall number 22C-007.
Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.