Child Passenger Safety Update:
Best Practice Recommendations for Safe Travel
Date: February 14, 2019
Time: 12:15 pm – 1:30 pm
Join your colleagues for a presentation by and discussion with:
Speaker: Benjamin Hoffman, MD, FAAP, CPST-I - Professor of Pediatrics, Medical Director, Doernbecher Tom Sargent Safety Center, Director, Oregon Center for Children and Youth with Special Health Needs (OCCYSHN), Doernbecher Children's Hospital, Oregon Health and Science University
Moderator: Mary Jo Clark, MD, FAAP - Children's Community Pediatrics - Mountain View, Pediatric Advisor to the PA AAP Traffic Injury Prevention Project
Webinar link and dial in number will be emailed prior to the event.
Intended Audience: Pediatricians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Office Managers, Office Staff and Certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians/Instructors
Objectives — At the conclusion of the activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the history of best practice recommendations for car safety seat usage.
- Describe controversies in the research around car safety seat best practice.
- Discuss the relationship of car safety seat crash-testing to real-world concerns.
- Discuss current AAP policy recommendations.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and the Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics. The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals are awarded .1 continuing education units (CEU) which are equal to 1.2 contact hours.
Webinar Recording: To listen to the webianr recording, please click here.
This webinar/teleconference has been pre-approved for 1.0 CEUs for CPS Re-Certification by the National Safe Kids Certification Program.
If you would like to order materials for use, please visit our online resource center here or call 1-800-CAR-BELT
sent by FAX to 484-446-3036.
- To complete University of Pittsburgh CME/CEU evaluation form on-line click here. The University of Pittsburgh evaluation form, provided below,
- To complete the request for CPS CEUs toward re-certification on-line click here. The CPS CEU request form, provided below, can be completed